The Project Accountant will assist in keeping the accounting and financial processes up to standard to ensure sound reporting and controls, as well as assist in financial reporting. Additionally, the Project Accountant must be able to complete administrative and project activities in a timely and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Preparing stand alone and consolidated Land financial statements and recurring monthly reports.
- Assists the Controller with follow-up on assignments directed to staff.
- Compiles and prepares reports, tracks timely preparation and filing of reports for Controller as required.
- Composes written communication and documentation as needed. ? Supports and assists in formulation and implementation of internal controls.
- Assists the Controller with month end close process. ? Prepares and assists in reviewing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assists with the budgeting process. ? Maintains off Balance Sheet and cash requirements.
- Maintains and monitors Trial Balances in FAST. ? Calculates and prepares interest payments for all loans.
- Assist in the preparation of annual and periodically updated company budgets. ? Perform other assigned accounting tasks.
- Remote deposits of checks received to proper bank.
- Prepare monthly land draws.
- Job cost review.
- Provides project reporting to management as needed.
- Coordinates implementation of accounting systems and control procedures as directed.
- Acts as company representative for accounting audits. Compiles information, interfaces, and follow-up with auditors.
- Provides support data for a variety of positions and business functions. Works closely with other departments to coordinate information and processes.
- Regularly attends meetings and functions as needed.
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
Has the responsibility to make recommendations, relative to his or her area of responsibility. Has the authority to carry out decisions made by the Controller.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS
Reports directly to the Controller. Works closely with management, operations, and administrative staff as well as outside vendors, as applicable.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and possess the ability to learn new software programs. Advanced Excel skills a plus.
- Strong financial knowledge backed by financial experience is preferred.
- Experience in the development and construction industries preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in finance or accounting position-focused role.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to facilitate discussions with all internal departments in a diplomatic and constructive manner and to support customer relations.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Positive, friendly, and supportive attitude.
- Excellent time management skills, adherence to company policies, programs, and work rules.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
- Sound judgment and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Communication – listens, understand assignments, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidentiality – understands and respects the position will be privy to confidential information.