The Information Technology Specialist will provide technical support to our end users, administrate end user devices and setup technology in our model homes. The incumbent needs to have a solid understanding of how computers and networks operate in a highly segmented environment with a focus on security. The position requires the ability to effectively diagnose and correct computer systems issues, provide end user technical support, and make critical decisions. Position will assist in hardware enhancements, application deployments, infrastructure up-grades and other IT implementations as needed. We’re looking for a responsive, highly productive professional who can work with numerous IT employees and vendors to ensure continued success through corporate projects.
- Travel to remote offices in and out of state is required. (30% – 60%). Weekend work and on call rotation is required.
- Maintaining office equipment: Scanners/Fax/Printers, Phones & Computers.
- Performing software upgrades & install third party applications for integration.
- Manage daily operations of the Division IT department.
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands.
- Ensure that employees are following computer use, information security, and privacy policies.
- Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means.
- Configuration of end user’s hardware and software as needed on Phones and desktop computers.
- Maintains system capability by ensuring computing equipment operates within company policy and standards.
- Prepares reference guides for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions in ticketing system.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Evaluates system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs.
- Process Improvement, Software Maintenance, Software Testing, Software Performance Tuning, Laptop, and desktop hardware deployment.
Technical Support Specialist skills and qualifications
- Must have excellent Customer service skills, with patience. We are looking for a problem solver that can present technical information to Non-Techies.
- Must have great organizational and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to multitask and a desire to learn new skills is a must.
- Industry certifications and memberships a plus
- Excellent IT, communication, leadership, and management skills.
- Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously.
- Proven track record of maintaining IT structural integrity.
- Windows 10 and Apple expertise is a must.
- FortiGate expertise is a plus.
- Pass Background checks, have a valid driver's license and Insurance are required.
We recognize that few applicants may "check all the boxes," but each person has unique strengths they would bring to the table. We are committed to building a diverse and authentic work culture, so we invite you to apply anyway. You belong here!
Hubble Homes is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, or any characteristic protected by law. Diversity is critical to the growth of our company with an understanding of the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodation for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you need assistance due to a disability, please get in touch with us.