The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for working under the direction of a Project Manager to manage home building schedules, trade partner coordination, safety, quality and customer satisfaction in accordance with Hubble Homes policies, processes and procedures.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Manage Home Construction
• Conduct daily walks of all homes (twice per/day)
• Manages daily construction schedule
• Communicate with trade partners
• Meet with City Inspectors
Manage Construction Quality
• Perform Quality Control Inspections
• Prepare homes for New Home Orientation
• Participate in Buyer Touch Point Meetings with Project Manager
• Assist Warranty Representatives as needed
Maintains Community Safety and Cleanliness
• Enforcement of Hubble Homes Safety & Loss Prevention Program
• Mange jobsite cleanliness
• Complete Hubble Homes Assistant Project Manager Training Program.
• Maintain company vehicle per company/department policies and procedures.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS
• Reports to Project Manager and Construction Manager
• Indirect reporting to Safety Director, Department Trainer and Director of Construction
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY:
Has authority to direct trade partners regarding scheduling, quality, scopes of work, safety and cleanliness. Has the authority to carry out decisions of the Project Manager and Construction Manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Experience in residential and/or commercial construction or subcontracting required.
• Computer skills preferred (Microsoft Office, Adobe).
Must possess excellent communication, planning and organizational skills. Must be able to clearly explain and resolve issues on the jobsite to trade partners, suppliers, inspectors, other project managers and supervisors. Must be willing to work as part of a team and adhere to company policies, processes and procedures. Must have a strong work ethic. The Assistant Project Manager must have the ability to solve problems in the field.