Purpose of Position
Utilize exceptional customer service skills to investigate and resolve warranty requests; follow up to ensure customer satisfaction; perform minor repairs and adjustments. Manage homeowner service requests to achieve the department goals in: customer satisfaction, maintain average aging of completed work orders below seven (7) days, response time to homeowners’ initial calls and operate within department budgets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Personally provide customers with knowledgeable, courteous and prompt service at all times. Respond in a timely fashion to customer requests.
- Objectively investigate warranty requests.
- Determine “reasonable” quality in workmanship and material defects.
- Determine cause and responsibility of inquiry.
- Objectively and effectively as possible, inform homeowner of their responsibilities and educate homeowner on proper maintenance/critical functions of home systems/property through actual demonstration or by reference.
- Coordinate warranty requests and solutions with sub-contractors and homeowner. Follow-up with completion and satisfaction of warranty repairs. Keep homeowners informed of any delay in progress of warranty requests.
- Track all communication with homeowner and sub-contractors.
- Provide pictures of major warranty issues.
- Perform minor repairs and adjustments on-site at the time of investigation, if possible.
- Utilize computer software program to document customer and vendor communication and correspondence, generate work orders and correspond with vendors.
- Assist and communicate with Project Managers, New Home Specialists and other employees and sub-contractors in ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
- Keep department manager informed of significant problems that could jeopardize the achievement of job duties and objectives as well as items that may have significant costs.
- Maintain company vehicle with respect to cleaning and maintenance. Maintain a clean driving record. Record all vehicle maintenance by submitting receipts for any and all vehicle maintenance.
- Adhere to safe work practices and Hubble Homes safety guidelines and standards.
Limits of Authority
Has the authority to make decisions regarding routine warranty requests as to the cause and solution of the problem. Seek Manager approval for escalated warranty issues or costly repairs. Has the authority to direct sub-contractors to complete warranty repairs. Has authority to drive company vehicle for company use only.
Relationship to Others
Reports directly to the Warranty Manager. Works closely and communicates with Project Managers and New Home Specialists.
Experience and/or Education
One (1) to five (5) years’ construction and/or warranty experience. Position requires knowledge of home construction, maintenance and building practices associated with industry standards. Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are essential. This means keeping a calm demeanor when handling possible escalating situations, while maintaining a firm answer. Must be a motivated self-starter, well organized, good time management and flexible; ability to get along with diverse personalities; computer literate, high integrity with excellent attention to detail.