PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Assistant Controller organizes the duties and tasks of the Controller. The Assistant Controller should clearly understand the goals and priorities of the Controller, and be able to complete administrative and project activities in a timely and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Controller with follow-up on assignments directed to staff.
- Conducts research, compiles and prepares statistical reports, and tracks timely preparation and filing of reports for Controller as required.
- Composes written communication and documentation as needed.
- Maintain entity documentation for all entities.
- Documentation of departmental processes and procedures.
- Prepare stand alone and consolidated financial statements.
- Assists the Controller with month end close process.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assists in prioritizing and handling incoming and return calls; prioritizes, organizes and types incoming correspondence • Maintains filing systems.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Assists in preparation of project proposals (investor, financing, etc.).
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
Has the authority to carry out decisions made by the Controller.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS
The Assistant Controller will report directly to the Controller. Work priority is given to the work of the Controller and will require working closely with other administrative employees.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
The Assistant Controller must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and possess the ability to learn new software programs. Strong financial knowledge backed by financial experience is preferred.
The Assistant Controller must possess the following characteristics:
- Responsible -- reliable with ability to follow through
- Intelligent -- able to solve problems and think independently.
- Organized -- able to develop systems to track assignments, excellent filing skills, and able to operate a "tickler" file system.
- Energetic/Ambitious -- able to find ways to be more efficient, proactively find tasks after assignments are completed.
- Communication – listens, understand assignments, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidentiality – understands and respects the position will be privy to confidential information.
Specific duties will be outlined in the Accounting Functions chart. All duties are subject to change, at the discretion of the Controller