The Assistant Controller will assist in keeping the accounting and financial processes up to standard to ensure sound reporting and controls, as well as assist in financial reporting. Additionally, the Assistant Controller must be able to complete administrative and project activities in a timely and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Preparing stand alone and consolidated Land financial statements and recurring monthly reports.
- Assists the Controller with follow-up on assignments directed to staff.
- Conducts research, compiles and prepares statistical reports, and tracks timely preparation and filing of reports for Controller as required.
- Composes written communication and documentation as needed.
- Supports and assists in formulation and implementation of internal controls.
- Maintain entity documentation for all entities.
- Documentation of departmental processes and procedures.
- Assists the Controller and Accounting Manager with month end close process.
- Prepares and assists in reviewing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assists with the budgeting process.
- Maintains off Balance Sheet and cash requirements.
- Assists in prioritizing and handling incoming and return calls; prioritizes, organizes and types incoming correspondence
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Assists in preparation of project proposals (investor, financing, etc.).
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
Has the authority to carry out decisions made by the Controller.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS
The Assistant Controller will report directly to the Controller. Work priority is given to the work of the Controller and will require working closely with other administrative employees.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field. The Assistant Controller must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and possess the ability to learn new software programs. Advanced Excel skills a plus. Strong financial knowledge backed by financial experience is preferred.
- OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or equivalent knowledge/experience, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in mid to senior-level finance or accounting position-focused role.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to facilitate discussions with all internal departments in a diplomatic and constructive manner and to support customer relations.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills: Windows-based PC programs: (i.e., Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Positive, friendly, and supportive attitude.
- Excellent time management skills, adherence to company policies, programs, and work rules.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results-driven.
- Sound judgment and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Communication – listens, understand assignments, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidentiality – understands and respects the position will be privy to confidential information.
Specific duties will be outlined in the Accounting Functions chart. All duties are subject to change, at the discretion of the Controller