The Accounting Manager will manage the month end close process across all entities, prepare consolidated financial statements, as well as assist in keeping the accounting and financial processes up to standard to ensure sound reporting and controls. Additionally, the Accounting Manager must be able to complete administrative and project activities in a timely and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees and manages the month end close process.
- Assists the Controller with Balance Sheet reconciliation review across all entities.
- Assists the Controller with follow-up on assignments directed to staff.
- Monitors ASU as necessary and implements appropriate accounting treatment.
- Supports and assists in formulation and implementation of internal controls.
- Supporting the accounting department with all aspects of the general ledger.
- Assists with maintenance of entity documentation for all entities.
- Documentation of departmental processes and procedures.
- Prepares Single Family and Multi-Family financial statements.
- Assists with the budgeting process.
- Assists in prioritizing and handling incoming and return calls; prioritizes, organizes and types incoming correspondence
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Assists in preparation of project proposals (investor, financing, etc.).
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
Has the authority to carry out decisions made by the Controller and the Assistant Controller-Land.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS
The Accounting Manager will report directly to the Controller. Work priority is given to the work of the Controller and will require working closely with other administrative employees.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field. The Accounting Manager must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and possess the ability to learn new software programs. Advanced Excel skills a plus. Strong financial knowledge backed by financial experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or equivalent knowledge/experience, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in mid to senior-level finance or accounting position-focused role.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to facilitate discussions with all internal departments in a diplomatic and constructive manner and to support customer relations.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills: Windows-based PC programs: (i.e., Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Positive, friendly, and supportive attitude.
- Excellent time management skills, adherence to company policies, programs, and work rules.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results-driven.
- Sound judgment and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Communication – listens, understand assignments, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidentiality – understands and respects the position will be privy to confidential information.
Specific duties will be outlined in the Accounting Functions chart. All duties are subject to change, at the discretion of the Controller